ATITool - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 11:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie

Send a message via MSN to TheGlazer
Default ATITool

What does it mean when your scanning for Artifacts, and after 5-6 mins. it restarts back at 0 secs.......... I can't hit 10 mins. without it restarting back to 0 and scanning over again.

This only happened as I was testing for my max memory setting. Testing for cores, it detects errors.......... and it didn't detect any errors; just restarted again.

2x2GB Corsair Dominator GT
XFX 6870 Dual Fan
Intel 80GB SSD
1GB Seagate 7200.12
1GB WD Black
Thermalright Venomous X
Corsair 750W Modular P/S
Samsung T220
Scythe Kaze Master Ace Fan Controller
Genius SW-5.1 1505 Speaker System
Windows 7 Professional 32bit.
Old 01-16-2008, 12:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
Master Techie

Send a message via AIM to phucng_10 Send a message via Yahoo to phucng_10
Default Re: ATITool

Alright, what you're encountering is called Unstableness. When you run the Artifact Scan, after 5-6 minutes, the Artifact Scan detects an artifact (lines, dots, etc. that goes across your screen). So once it detects it, you'll hear BEEP, BEEP, BEEP and those are the artifact signal. You might want to lower your 2D, 3D LP, and 3D Perf. by increments of 5. Then run Artifact Scan again. Do this until you can run Artifact Scan pass 20 minutes to be on the safe side. Otherwise, if it restarts, lower it by increments of 5 again.

When you tested for max memory, that means it has already reached it's limit. You get the limit for the max memory, lower it by 10-15 increments and re-run Artifact Scan. Same goes with find max core.

Old 01-16-2008, 12:39 AM   #3 (permalink)
True Techie

Send a message via MSN to TheGlazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by phucng_10 View Post
Alright, what you're encountering is called Unstableness. When you run the Artifact Scan, after 5-6 minutes, the Artifact Scan detects an artifact (lines, dots, etc. that goes across your screen). So once it detects it, you'll hear BEEP, BEEP, BEEP and those are the artifact signal. You might want to lower your 2D, 3D LP, and 3D Perf. by increments of 5. Then run Artifact Scan again. Do this until you can run Artifact Scan pass 20 minutes to be on the safe side. Otherwise, if it restarts, lower it by increments of 5 again.

When you tested for max memory, that means it has already reached it's limit. You get the limit for the max memory, lower it by 10-15 increments and re-run Artifact Scan. Same goes with find max core.

Sorry, I made a posting error......... Here's what I did: I increased my memory in Rivatuner, then I went into ATITool and scanned for artifacts. There were no beeps, no errors found; but the timer that shows how long you scanned for below the sponge picture, reset itself back to 0, and started scanning again. This happened a few times around the 5-6mins mark. I did not click on the "Find Max Mem" button. Sorry for the unclear post.
2x2GB Corsair Dominator GT
XFX 6870 Dual Fan
Intel 80GB SSD
1GB Seagate 7200.12
1GB WD Black
Thermalright Venomous X
Corsair 750W Modular P/S
Samsung T220
Scythe Kaze Master Ace Fan Controller
Genius SW-5.1 1505 Speaker System
Windows 7 Professional 32bit.
Old 01-16-2008, 12:45 AM   #4 (permalink)
Master Techie

Send a message via AIM to phucng_10 Send a message via Yahoo to phucng_10

Oh, well I'd suggest you use RivaTuner for fan speed adjustments and ATi Tool as the overclocking program. Well I've pretty much explained why it happens at the 5-6 minute mark. It found a few artifacts and reseted the test.