ATITool

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGlazer

In Runtime
What does it mean when your scanning for Artifacts, and after 5-6 mins. it restarts back at 0 secs.......... I can't hit 10 mins. without it restarting back to 0 and scanning over again.

This only happened as I was testing for my max memory setting. Testing for cores, it detects errors.......... and it didn't detect any errors; just restarted again.

Alright, what you're encountering is called Unstableness. When you run the Artifact Scan, after 5-6 minutes, the Artifact Scan detects an artifact (lines, dots, etc. that goes across your screen). So once it detects it, you'll hear BEEP, BEEP, BEEP and those are the artifact signal. You might want to lower your 2D, 3D LP, and 3D Perf. by increments of 5. Then run Artifact Scan again. Do this until you can run Artifact Scan pass 20 minutes to be on the safe side. Otherwise, if it restarts, lower it by increments of 5 again.

When you tested for max memory, that means it has already reached it's limit. You get the limit for the max memory, lower it by 10-15 increments and re-run Artifact Scan. Same goes with find max core.

Alright, what you're encountering is called Unstableness. When you run the Artifact Scan, after 5-6 minutes, the Artifact Scan detects an artifact (lines, dots, etc. that goes across your screen). So once it detects it, you'll hear BEEP, BEEP, BEEP and those are the artifact signal. You might want to lower your 2D, 3D LP, and 3D Perf. by increments of 5. Then run Artifact Scan again. Do this until you can run Artifact Scan pass 20 minutes to be on the safe side. Otherwise, if it restarts, lower it by increments of 5 again.

When you tested for max memory, that means it has already reached it's limit. You get the limit for the max memory, lower it by 10-15 increments and re-run Artifact Scan. Same goes with find max core.

Sorry, I made a posting error......... Here's what I did: I increased my memory in Rivatuner, then I went into ATITool and scanned for artifacts. There were no beeps, no errors found; but the timer that shows how long you scanned for below the sponge picture, reset itself back to 0, and started scanning again. This happened a few times around the 5-6mins mark. I did not click on the "Find Max Mem" button. Sorry for the unclear post.

Oh, well I'd suggest you use RivaTuner for fan speed adjustments and ATi Tool as the overclocking program. Well I've pretty much explained why it happens at the 5-6 minute mark. It found a few artifacts and reseted the test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom