ATITool 0.26/Graphics card Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CPonder14

In Runtime
Just ran ATITool and the default clocks for my card were

540mhz core
700mhz memory

I ran the max core, and max memory setting, and i got the core to around 700mhz before i started getting yellow lines on the graphic, and i got the memory to around 870mhz before i started getting yellow lines/dots on my graphic.

So i set the 2d core as 540 core clock, and the memory to 850mhz.
I set the 3d low power core to 600mhz, and the memory to 850mhz.
I set the 3d perf. core to 680mhz, and the memory to 850mhz.

the temp readings were around 79-81 when i did the "find max core, and find max memory".

Ill run orthos overnight and see if anything unusual happens, but orthos does not test my graphics card right?

10-30 minutes is good. And then run 3DMark06, or play your favorite game.

Just ran 3dMark06 again.

my first score was 4701 with no overclocking
Futuremark - ORB - Result Analyzer

This time i got a score of 5831 with CPU overclocked to 2800mhz, and graphics card overclocked to 680mhz, 850mhz
Futuremark - ORB - Result Analyzer

Not too bad i guess. I am ranked #4 out of 6 similar PCs tho with similar systems, so thats not too good.

I'm going to try and over clock my CPU to 3000mhz tho, and see if i can get my memory timings a little better because right now its x2 400mhz, 5-5-5-18

Graphics card or cpu/memory?

I ran the artifacts scanner for 15 minutes(no errors), and right after that i ran 3dmark06 thats when i got my 5831 score.

as for the cpu/memory i only ran orthos for a little over an hour, but it was still running, so thats good. I should probably run it when I'm in bed.

So woke up this morning, turn on my PC and i run 3dMark06. my score dropped back to my original non overclocked system. I then realized the GPU settings went back to default. So i had to open ATITool and change it back to my preferred overclock settings.

Anyone know why the settings for my GPU went back to default?

You probably, didn't make a profile, to have the settings loaded at startup. So create an OC profile. Save the overclocked settings. Then go to settings, and go to startup from the drop down menu. Then select the box that says, "Every time ATI Tool is launched load profile:"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom