ATITool 0.26/Graphics card Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
whoa...Don't go to 1.6v when you have a stock cooler. You could overheat or possibly damage the CPU, if you tried to stress that.

hmmm..You had to go that high for 3.1GHz? That shouldn't be. You should be able to get there, with like 1.3-1.45v. What are all your voltage settings? Or what have you changed?

Keep the CAS 4 timings with your RAM.

whoa...Don't go to 1.6v when you have a stock cooler. You could overheat or possibly damage the CPU, if you tried to stress that.

hmmm..You had to go that high for 3.1GHz? That shouldn't be. You should be able to get there, with like 1.3-1.45v. What are all your voltage settings? Or what have you changed?

Keep the CAS 4 timings with your RAM.

Right now I'm at 450mhz x7 or 3.15mhz, at 1.35v but in order to get that i had to turn my memory to auto, instead of the 4-4-4-12. it switched it to 5-7-7-25.

I know thats not good at all.

edit: I'm not stable at all tho, i keep getting error message popping up right now saying this program has encountered a problem, and needs to be shut down. For ex: my wireless netgear adapter, Firefox, etc...

I thought you said, you tried 3.15GHz with 1.6v, and it wouldn't boot.

So if your memory is set to manual CAS4, you can't boot up?

Can you tell me all the settings in the MIT? That you currently have or your last stable?

I thought you said, you tried 3.15GHz with 1.6v, and it wouldn't boot.

So if your memory is set to manual CAS4, you can't boot up?

Can you tell me all the settings in the MIT? That you currently have or your last stable?

Yes it wouldn't boot at 3.15ghz with 1.6v but that was with the 4-4-4-12 memory timings. I later got it to boot at 3.15ghz, but i had to turn the memory to auto, instead of manual.

I just turned my settings back to where i was stable before @ 400 x7 2.80ghz, and 4-4-4-12 memory timings, with 1.31v because i got too many errors popping up.

Right now my settings are

CPU Clock Ratio= 7x
Host Clock= Enabled
Mhz= 400
PCI Express Frequency (Mhz)= Auto
System Memory Multiplier(SPD)= 2
HS DRAM DLL Settings= Option 1
memory timings 4-4-4-12
DDR2 Overvoltage= +.1v
CPU Voltage control= 1.31

Oh...now I see. Your RAM probably needs more voltage. With the setting at +0.1v, it's set to 1.9v, because the standard is 1.8v....I set mine to +0.4v, because that sets the Ballistix to it's stock voltage of 2.2v....1.8 + 0.4 = 2.2v

So try that, and it should boot no problem. Since you have a 1:1 ratio going on, at 1.9v....the RAM didn't have enough power to go past 400MHz.

Oh...now I see. Your RAM probably needs more voltage. With the setting at +0.1v, it's set to 1.9v, because the standard is 1.8v....I set mine to +0.4v, because that sets the Ballistix to it's stock voltage of 2.2v....1.8 + 0.4 = 2.2v

So try that, and it should boot no problem. Since you have a 1:1 ratio going on, at 1.9v....the RAM didn't have enough power to go past 400MHz.

You are correct, it booted up.
Thanks for the help

the settings are
3.15ghz , 1.31v
4-4-4-12 , 2.2v

edit: oddly enough my core temps went down, it's now around 24-25*

No problem. So when will you get the AF7 Pro? If your temps are 24-25C idle, with the AF7 Pro, it will be much lower.

So the only voltage controls that you've touched, are RAM and Vcore?

No problem. So when will you get the AF7 Pro? If your temps are 24-25C idle, with the AF7 Pro, it will be much lower.

So the only voltage controls that you've touched, are RAM and Vcore?
yes, those are the only two. The others are set on auto right now.

edit: Hopefully this coming week.

who introduced overclocking anyways?
I mean who came out with the idea that we should oc our cpus and gfx cards,etc etc and not u se stock...

What a genius he/she might be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom