ati radeon 9600se

Status
Not open for further replies.

skud

Solid State Member
I have an ATI Radeon 9600se with 128 megs ram. I am wondering has anybody ever overclocked one of these things? and if so, did it really make a performance difference?

my rig:
P3 933 Mhz
768 MB PC-133 SDRAM
Radeon 9600se
the rest doesnt really matter

Andrew

It'll make a mild performance difference. It might make the difference of a few FPS, or being able to run another cool feature that you like in a game.

Judging by your computer, you're not playing very intese games. I bet if you can play a game with your processor, you're pretty well able to max it out. Am I right?

Ryan

The game I am in right now is Max Payne 2, which I can almost max out at 1024x768 except my card overheats due to the lack of a fan on it, so i plan to invest in a fan in the next week. This computer is around 5 years old so the best it can run is a game like max payne 2 or battlefield veitnam. I was just curious if oc'ing would make a difference so much that it would be worthwhile for me to try it, my card is running at agp 4x, not 8x. my mobo does not support 8x.

Andrew

Buy yourself a Zalman VF700-Cu fan. You'll be happy you did and can reuse it later on another card when you upgrade.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom