ATI Radeon 9600

Status
Not open for further replies.

Therock

In Runtime
Hi. I got this card like 3-4 months ago and I do a lot of gaming (Warcraft,Counter strike) and when im in a game all the sudden the game freezes and about 5sec later it works fine again. I removed the drivers that came with the card and installed ATI Omega Drivers, however, the problem was still there. So I decided to slightly downclock the card and after I did so the card works really good. So I'm asking myself, is there something wrong with the card? Or could it be a result of something else?
Thx for help.

And with Omega Drivers, it allows you to downlock the card but everytime you restart the computer teh settings reset and I have to downclock it everytime I boot my comp. Is there a way to do it once so I dont have to do it like every single day?

hows ur ambients case temps? ur card may be overheating, cause it to stall a few secs ingame.

majistic said:
And you are sure there are no connection errors between you and the server ?
I'm 100% sure its not the server. Because if you play on battle net and disconect it disconects the whole game right away, and that doesnt happen. The screen goes black for a second and the graphics are all over hte screen, then about 5 sec later it goes back to normal.
is there a save settings button somewhere?
There is, I click save and it saves but everytime i restart the computer i have to load what I previously saved.
hows ur ambients case temps? ur card may be overheating, cause it to stall a few secs ingame.

Tsystem 43 °C (109 °F)
Tcpu 49 °C (120 °F)
Tgpu 42 °C (108 °F)

holy crap, ur case is hot, lol. try getting better air flow in there, and keep it under 35-40.. man 43 thats HOT for a case temp.. its hotter than ur gpu, lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom