ATI R600 Chipset

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes I'm also a tad confused about that considering pci-e works natively at 100MHz and anything over that would previously fry whatever you tried running in that interface...what they seem to be implying is that there is some sort of tweak with r5** cores that might allow them to get more out of the unified pipelines, specifically the r580 in this case, from running at a higher pci-e bandwidth

This concept just doesn't seem to make sense considering even two x1900xt cards in crossfire I don't think would use anywhere near the bandwidth of pci-e 8x...although MAYBE this has something to do with increasing the execution time and trying to decrease the latency of core to core communication because they are still using the off-die memory controller and FSB

I'm just talking crap though, I have no idea...would be interested to see who decides to manufacture boards with this chipset and how it compares with nf4 or an nf5 possibly?!

would be interested to see who decides to manufacture boards with this chipset and how it compares with nf4 or an nf5 possibly?!
DFI has confirmed a board with this chipset. They are making an nforce board as well, but I am not sure what the actual chipset will be on that one. Those will be their two Intel LP boards. Their 975x board will be an Infinity.

ehhh there might be a new board champ this time around I think considering it always seems to shift generation after generation...not to say DFI won't have a good board and that it wouldn't be nice considering DFI support is amazing...but I seem to be remembering that MSI was heavily focusing on an enthusiast oriented board, find you I read about that almost a year ago

Only time shall tell I suppose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom