Ati To Nvidia

Status
Not open for further replies.

aznboi88

Baseband Member
im switching my old Gigabyte radeon 9000pro with a leadtek 6600gt does this require a reformat?

It shouldn't but it will take getting rid of every single shread of ATI stuff your system has, and you will have to go pretty deep.

I had a real compatability problem when I did something similar, but mine was reverse... Nvidia to Radeon. They do not like each other much... Just my 1 cent worth...

Craig

I suggest formatting and saving yourself a heartache...there are tools such as driver cleaner that's supposed to get rid of the companies crap completely, but yeaaaah, I just always format, computers always runs nice and fresh afterwards anyway

I didnt want to reload mine, but I did. Boy am I happy i did, my machine moves now. Now I remember how fast it was when I first got it!

I upgraded my card from an MX440 to an FX5600. I know it was Nvidia to Nvidia, but it ran so horribly after I did that. A simple format fixed that, and it runs great. When doing some major HW upgrade like that, it is usually advisable to format, but, as Nub implied, they dont always work. Format, and you are sure to get rid of everything. And a change like that is a drastic one, so with a new card you want a new Windows. :)

Just reformat, its easier and usually guarantees a safe transition, I upgraded from a 9800 pro to a evga 6800 Gt, and i reformated and everything went smoothly

Well, if you don't want to reformat...

Search your registry for every entry of 'ATI' and delete it, after already deleting all the drivers through other methods. Don't forget hydrovision. If it doesn't wo[rk, then reformat.

Can't hurt anything.

Good Luck!

Dosent always work unfortunetely. When you install drivers, it unloads so much crap into all your directories. System, System32, WinNT, everywhere. Your best best is a reformat.

Aznboi88, i never incountered that problem. But i know tons of people who have. If i where you i would. Transfer any sort of vital data to another partition or HDD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom