ATI Crossfire

Status
Not open for further replies.

-=YODA I AM=-

Baseband Member
this new ATI Crossfire stuff looks awesome because it dosen't need drivers like the Nvidia SLI to render useing both grachips cards in games. Anyone know of the release date for the crossfire cards and the release date for ATI's next generation video cards cause i'm working on a computer build and don'w want to wait til next year to finish.:cool: i've also heard rumors about Nvidia making a driver for SLI that would allow SLI to be used in all games without haveing a preset programed by Nvidia to work.

release for crossfire is rumored to be around late august early september. Same thing is true for rs520.

I have a dual core AMD X2 4800+ top of the line dual core and the rest of my config is listed below, just wondering, should i have gotten a different procesor like the FX-57 because its still not to late to sell it and get another processor
P.S. i actually ordered 2x Nvidia 6800 ultras but they mixed up my order with two brand new 7800 GTX cards and i'm not complaining
http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?postid=460189#post460189

Quoted for reference

I'm getting tired of these games you keep playing, no one in their right mind would replace about $600 worth of free hardware. If you would like to PM me with proof your story is true (eg CPU-ID verified link, newegg reciept etc.) I'll give you complete creditbility.

Until then, locking

Fishy nonetheless...but not a reason to lock a thread. Some threads get out of hand and need locked, other threads need locked because of extreme repetitiveness (such as ATI vs. Nvidia). This is not one of those threads.

Not YET anyway :D

NVIDIA OWNS ATI WOOT WOO :D :p

joke, but still true :cool:

and yeah, i also wanna see the crossfire out. Im sure nvidia has some other counter to this.. lets wait and see

Well Crossfire is ATI's counter to Nvidia's SLI, and SLI isn't even old, I doubt Nvidia has anything planned, except maybe 7600's, 7200's, etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom