ati 9800 pro temps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkolk

In Runtime
Is it possible to see the temps on a retail 9800 pro card? i have aida32 but it doesnt show GPU.
Does any1 know if the card even has any temperature sensor on it

The 9800 Pro doesnt have a temp sensor.

I've had a 9800 Pro for about 3 years no and its a very hot card... burns my finger to touch it but it runs fine.

yea i know it runs hot, my bro has this card too and his fan stopped working and it caused his comp to crashed very quickly =p

So what program do you use to see the temperature of the card?

IF you had read the last replys people made you would have notice that the 9800 Pro does not have a temperature senor... there 4 you cannot get a temperature reading from the card.

my last card was a 9800 pro. i use ati tool to overclock and it shows the gpu temp too. it actually runs hot (around 70c idle and around 80c full load) at stock speed using vga silencer rev3.

The 9800pro would need the LM63 chip located somewhere near the core, and if you do then you will be able to look at your temps, modifying ATITOOL :confused:

Sprooty said:
IF you had read the last replys people made you would have notice that the 9800 Pro does not have a temperature senor... there 4 you cannot get a temperature reading from the card.

sry i misread ur doesnt as does =/ My B

PZEROFGH said:
The 9800pro would need the LM63 chip located somewhere near the core, and if you do then you will be able to look at your temps, modifying ATITOOL :confused:
oh forgot to mention that it had an R360 core...yah there was an LM63 chip

i had a 9800pro flashed it to a 9800XT because it had the R360 core also, but it didnt have the temp monitoring chip :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom