ati 9800 pro 256 meg(clocks 380 by 680)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffGoneWild

Solid State Member
hey guys, whats up? im running a 9800 pro 256 meg ati sapheire limited. (http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=902995/skd=1/search=sapphire+9800+pro+256
and i oced it with my zalman VF700-Cu to 480 by 780. am i getting the bang for my buck or should i push my comp harder? i have replaced all my fans in my comp and am running a pci fan underneath my gpu. i have socket t with complete thermal tec and my comp rarely breaks 30 degress celcius with like 32 in the entire system. i use ite to monitor but my v card doesn't have a temp gauge built in. any suggestions would be great thanks.
jeff

480/390 you mean pzerofgh.

how recently did you buy the videocard? anyone will tell you the 6600GT is faster, and better value as well. Thats a nice clock, well done :) any chance of a 3dmark01 benchmark?

what is it stock? 360/340 or similar isn't it?

the regular marks for my 9800 pro 256 meg is 380 core by 680 on memory. im running it at 480 clock by 780 on memory. and idk where to get the free 3d benchmark otherwise i would be happy to

I would hold on to the card and leave it the way it is. 1 thing I would do is flash the cards bios and make it a 9800XT. However if your looking to upgrade your video card I would wait until next year. Windows Vista is coming out as well as Direct X 10 video cards. Alot is going to change over the corse of this year. If you cant wait and you want to upgrade now, a 6600GT AGP card can still be found on newegg. You will see a performance increase with it. Go with brands like evga, gigabyte, or MSI. Anything else just is not worth it IMO.

make sure you have an 360 core. the core the 9800pro is supposed to have is a 350, but i was lucky enough to get a 360 core, and i flashed my bios. so check on the core, if it is, ill help you flash the bios. sense i went through this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom