Athlon XP 3200+, P4 2.8

Status
Not open for further replies.

fofoo

Baseband Member
Hi. Im new here, sorry if this is posted in the wrong place. I am looking to buy a new computer, and would like some advice. I currently have my eye ontwo different ones, and have to make my decision soon because these prices dont last more than 5 days. Anyway, here are the two comp's specs.

-AMD Athlon XP 3200+
-17' LCD
-512MB Memory
-160GB HD
-DVD+R/RW
-CD ROM Drive
-9in1 memory card reader
-IEEE 1394 interface
-AGP Slot
-------------------------------
= $1579 CAD

-P4 2.8Ghz w/ HT
-17' LCD
-512 Memory
-160GB HD
-8x DVD+R/RW
-48x CD Drive
-IEEE 1394 Interface
--------------------------------
= $1979

Now i think that the P4 is a bit too pricy. But i want to know if the 3200+ will last me long, because i dont upgrade/buy a new computer very often. Thanks a lot!

Well either computer will last you a long time, but the big question all of us will ask you.. what are you going to be using this computer for? You didn't put down a motherboard or video card for either of them... Give us full computer specs so we can give you a helping hand. As anyone here will ask say.. AMD for gaming, and Pentium for multi-tasking, encoding, etc...

You can see my system in my sig bleow, I have the same P4....what are you getting for a price on that thing that would make it almost $2000 total? My entire system I bought for $1100...and that includes the keyboard, mouse, and the 19" Veiwsonic Flatscreen CRT monitor. Though AMD is better for gaming, it is not that much better, I use mine for gaming no probs at all. Plays FarCry at Medium settings w/no lag. That is good, considering that my vid card sucks! 16,600 on Aquamark.

xxdamysticxx said:
fofoo try this, this is what i personally suggest on buying for what you need! and if u have any questions email me!

Looks like a rip off to me. 3.2 ghz CPU speed??? I dont think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom