Athlon xp 2800+ Oc

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricanflow

Golden Master
Well, i think id like to oc my athlon xp a little, since i heard that this is a great chip for ocing. here a screenshot of cpu-z. Anyone have any idea how high i could go? The pc specs are in my sig.

sp3220061211020138copyep2.jpg

Just go slowly until you can't go any further, or you're satisfied.

I have no idea how that chip will OC, but I'm guessing you could get to 2.5 or so, maybe more maybe less, just a guess.

You'll probably be able to hit about 2.5 I think. I had an athlon 1800+ running at 2.0 if that tells you anything.

I have this exact chip im my old computer. - It overclocks well if you can keep it cool.... but thats the problem, cause from my experience they run quite hot, 2.3 was all i could get from it on aftermarket air. Not the best result in the world by any stretch.

You will want to watch out for your PSU or motherboard, as those chips are supposed to run at 1.500v, that is running at 1.472, which means its got a dodgy supply. You should be able to get 2.5 out of it if you can keep it cool, if you can keep it cool enough, it will go pretty far!

Ruan

generally its your ram that caps your overclocking... what kind of ram u got? ddr 133, ddr 400? that'll usually give u an idea of how high u can go.

Well as for the voltage, its the mobile version, which runs at a lower voltage than the desktop version. And ive got ddr 400, the 512 is buffalo and the 256 is hynix. Yeah the power supply is the basic one that came with my case, but its been running almost everday since january of this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom