Athlon xp 2500+ cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syphanx

Daemon Poster
hey guys,
My current temp for my system is around 63 degrees celcius, is this normal? I have overclocked it to 2.0ghz..... can i go any higher??? and if so will it make my system unstable?.
thanks,

That's a bit high. Not a bit, really high. What are you using for a heatsink? Did you use thermal paste? A copper shim?

way too hot, you are getting near to CPU instability or at worse complete failure. my xp2500 runs at 35C and 45C idle on 2 different machines.

Syphanx please list your overclock configurations, thermal pad or thermal paste?, and your heatsink/ fan make/ model.

My Heatsink fan is just the regular AMD that comes with the cpu. my model is a 2500+. I havent used ANYTHING other than what came in the box with the cpu and fan...
And yes the fan is fitted properly!
I have overclocked my cpu to 2ghz.... not using the gigabyte overclocking utility (Easy Tune 4), i did it in the bios.
lol guys help me out thanks,

well first, give me your multiplier and FSB settings. the very first thing you need to do is unplug the computer take off the CPU fan/ heatsink. scrape off the thermal pad with something other than metal so you do not scratch the copper heatsink core.

use old credit card or even a cotton pad. wipe off thermal pad crap on the CPU die. get all of it off anywhere you see the stuff. afterwards use thermal paste. if you have to buy some go with silver paste or even white kind that comes bundled with a new motherboard. best kind is artic silver white ceramique paste.

apply to CPU die evenly and put back your heaksink. switching from pad to paste will decrease temps up to 20 Celcius.

wow, paste works that good? i guess i'll have to by myself some of that stuff. what's the besT? cause right now i'm just using a thermal pad

he;'s exagerating.
my pc autorestarts at 60c, so ye si believe your cpu temp is extremely high.

my fan which is 55 canadian, only drops my temp to the 45 area.

anyways, to get the paste off the heatsink, use paint thinner.

thats what we use at the shop, heh

Yeah so guys who is right??
spfd or ekÆsine?
spfd says his exaggerating and others says his right??? who to believe hmmm?
because i want to o/c my comp even more than the 2.1ghz mark, how far do you think i cold o/c a 2500+?

i dunno man, your processor must be really really hot or something. mine runs at 40 C at it's normal range. 1.53ghz. at 2.2ghz it runs at 47-52 depending on what i'm doing. that's with only 2 case fans both out take and the retail heatsink/fan i have a 1800+ t-bred. i think it's somethin else. and with my mobo i can set a max temp at which it will restart 65 C. and the processor won't really completely melt until 80 C which is really really really hot, you can't touch something that hot for more than 1/4 a second

mines a 2100xp
when it hits the 55 range, im freaken scared.
at 60 comp will either freeze or restart.
my fan is pretty good quality, using tmd technology, it only drops to 45c,
NEW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom