Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Black Edition Highest Overclock

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewsvalesen

Daemon Poster
Does anyone have any idea what the highest oc for the Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Black Edition is? On tomshardware they used stock cooling and just adjusted the multiplier to 3.4ghz. I was wondering if it's possible with aftermarket cooling, AS5, and adjusting the multiplier + fsb, would it be possible to shoot for something more?

I dunno, right now I'm at 3.1ghz with my 3600+, but would like a better processor, should I expect big changes from my 3600+ 3.1 to a 5000+ 3.4?

CPU-Z Validator Database
253783.png

On air.

.3 ghz isn't that big of a difference. you might want to hold off and get an am2+ or x38 setup for your next upgrade.

also what are your temps for the cpu you have? cause im getting a 4000+ next week and wanna know what i can expect it to get to.

oh wow.. that shows the highest overclocks to the specified processor? thanks a bunch! im def bookmarking this ^^

I lapped my fan heatsink and my cpu. I have a tj-09 case with 2 120 mm fans blowing directly at it.
At stock I sit at 20 C -25C max idle. Max I hit maybe 35.
When I oc my max is 50C
I have good cooling though.

Oh by the way, I had to use an aftermarket reader to tell me the exact temperature, my bios would report the cpu to like 80C, but it feels cold.

nagasama also got his proc to 3.1 ghz if that helps for verification..

im not at my comp atm, and im underclocked right now because im leaving my comp on all day while im gone for the week.

hey bigapl where did you find those records? i tried entering it in the search box but it gave me an error.. lemme look at it again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom