Athlon 64 Or INtel P4 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at the scores between Intel and AMD, there is hardly a difference, if any at all, so jst go with Intel, even the 3.2 will make a really good system, and Intel is always a step ahead of AMD anyways.

u guys clearly dont have any idea, even IF you say that the P4 3.0 clocked to 3.4 is better than any amd, its unfounded. my advice would be:

1. Take a good hard look at those benchmarks.

2. Take an even longer look at the price difference.

3. Then ask yourself which is the better proessor.

If you really think the P4 is better then i pity you. by the way, the AMD 64 3200 is only 2.2Ghz so AMD is getting much more speed out of slower frequencies, Intel is NOT "always ahead of AMD anyways"

Yea, AMD is ahead of Intel in many ways. The only thing i admire of Intel is their Northwood Processor. The new prescott is just plain crap.

Ok what can I say, everybody has their own opinions on what is better, but ill say that Ive had Intel all my life and its great never had any problems, but I have to say i will prolly upgrade to AMD sometime in the near future, but for now Im with my Intel.

hell id go with intel i mean i got a crappy $100 celeron 2.8ghz and its still way better than my friends $250 hella good antholon xp. Dont pitty me i could beat all u guys in cs

not an opinion... the answer - go with AMD
-----------------------------------------
all the smartest ppl iv heard from, about any amd vs intel? have always went with AMD.

i believe the answer goes something like this....
-although AMD is slower in GHz, it still gets the same or more work done then its Intel counterpart, because Intell never expanded there pipelines. so AMD can finish more instruction sets per cycle, running at a lower frequency(power efficency/less heat).
---------------------------------------------------------
To Gl\l0m!$h -- u know how ignorant ur comment sounds? there is more then just a proccessor that works inside a pc... maybe ur system works better then ur friends, cause ur friend is just as smart and informd as u are, so ur system ended up only a little less fuxxored then his.(no offence, its just, iv been in kevin's position, hes asking a seriouse ?, and ppl who dont know the answer shouldnt be posting unless thy have info)

what the heck? when did cs come into this thread? lol, that was funny though "i'll beat you all in cs" lol. everyone has there own opinions on wich is better it all comes down on tests though and even some tests aren't accurate becasue ever comp is diff, just go with what ever is reasonable for you and what you want and can afford, they are both good cpu's, amd for gaming, and intel for the rest, that's basicaly what it comes down to with some exceptions.

and the other reason people should post is to learn, wich is what this forum is all about!

PPL!!!
PPL!!!
PPL!!!

i hear wat ur sayin but itz just not
workin 4 me.......
i personally would go with:

-GXA 486SG 486 motherboard (SIS chipset, 3 ISA slots, 1 PCI)
-Intel 486 processor (33Mhz)
-2 x 8mb sticks of ram (16mb)
-Maxtor 500mb HDD
-8 bit graphics card
-Crystal Soundcard
-12" IBM black and white monitor
-130watt AT power supply
-3.14" floppy drive
-Ms-DOS v5.1

Seriously Scortch Earth runs smoothly and only takes 30 seconds to fully load.

if u want the ultimate gaming experince go with an Intel or AMD on socket 5 motherboards.

Peace my gaming buddies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom