Athlon 1800+?

Status
Not open for further replies.

M733mhz

Daemon Poster
Hey, The 1800+ is the processor I'm using as of now. It's atleast 3 years old and it's been used mostly running at the stock speed of 1.53Ghz. I overclocked it to see what I could do with it and I got it up to 1.92Ghz without it even becoming unstable or anything, The only problem is the heat, with it getting up to 126 degrees farenheight one really hot day. (I don't have AC) I just wanted to know if this seems a little weird, I didn't expect to get that much out of the thing. The cache's are only 64KB and 256KB so the core clock speed really isn't making a difference but still, I really didn't think I'd get almost 2GHz out of it. I could probably push it further, but I leave my computer on alot so constantly running at over 100 degrees would probably kill it in a week. So has anyone had any kind of experience with this processor?

Well, it automatically shuts off at 75 celcius. It's never gotten that hot though.

Well 100 Degrees farenheit is 38 Celcius so 126 is id say around 48-50 i think.... Just done the calculation 126=52.222 Celcius, which sounds about right to me. 52 is probably close to the maximum you want to take if for core longevity, probably a temporary 60 is OK but it will damage it after some time. Over 100 Farenheit is probably OK actually but i'd leave it at that unless you went W/C although you would be better spending the money on a better processor.

Ruan

Deathawk said:
XP's are known to run hot :(

Yep, my Athlon 1700+ ran at 70-75º C...and died after ~ 4 years...at stock speeds... and by dieing, I mean the computer constantly reset--I replaced every part in there...coming to it last...haha... but it had a good run. My theory is it was the evil motherboard that killed it--the ECS K7S5A...but that's just me...:cool:

Haha, I'm not worried about the temps or anything, I was more just amazed that I got it to that amount of GHz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom