Asus p5n-e sli oc ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the video, show the temperature from the monitor, and then span to the inside of the computer, showing that you are using a stock cooler. Then I'll believe you.

Yes I know, you still have many doubts.
I will produce a video and will show you that I'm working with stock cooling, a cheap Ultra case with 3 fans and you'll also see the temps, both pc and home.

As far as stableness is concerned....working with the pc it's very stable. Unfortunately orthos shuts down my pc after 10min. I'm a cheap bastrd so I don't run my a/c all day long. When I come home from work is when I turn it on. So my temps in the house are very high. I think that's why my pc shuts down.
Like I said b4, ideal setting to run orthos...24c in my house! Right now it's 29c in the house and it's only 8:30am. Pc idles at 40c. So that gives you an idea. And yes, If I were in Alaska I'm pretty sure I'd run orthos with no problem.

BTW, I previously had the pc at 3.34ghz and orthos ran for 2hours and no problems.
Anyway, tonight I'll produce the video. I'm no b.s'er.

That doesn't sound stable to me at all...you realize an unstable clock may corrupt vital windows files and leave you with no choice but to reformat.?

Agreed with gurusan. Orthos shutting down after 10 mins, is not a stable PC at all, and you should raise the voltage, to get it stable.

That doesn't sound stable to me at all...you realize an unstable clock may corrupt vital windows files and leave you with no choice but to reformat.?

Worried? Heck no. My stuff is backed up and if I reformat....it's all good.

Listen guys, I understand that it's not "stable" when running orthos. Duh, it's f..n 38c in my house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I also understand while running my video edits and photoshop work it's heck of stable! Orthos for 10 hours. LOL.
I will not post one time speed and then running my pc at a lower speed. U see 3.4 and that's what it is.

Let me take this pc to alaska, or have my a/c running all darn day and when the temp is low enough....orthos will run for a good while.

Let's see....38c in my house and cheap hsf....yes, bound to shut down. Not ideal settings to run orthos.

BTW, vcore is at 1.45 not the 1.27 u see in the cpu-z pic

...it's 38 degrees in your house? wtf do you live in the sahara desert?

I exaggerated bro!

The point is that it's way too hot in my house. You think your setup could handle this type of heat w/Orthos running for 10hrs?
Again, my house is at 30C during the evening when I get home from work. You must agree, not what you call ideal conditions to run orthos for hours.
Anyhow, I will mess with my pc tonight....and I do plan on showing the video once and for all.
I'm just glad that I can run my e6600 w/stock hsf at 3.4ghz without issues during normal everyday use which in the end...is what truly matters.

IMO, Orthos for hours is basically for "bragging" rights. How many of us run our pc with Orthos kind of stress for 10hrs?
As long as my pc doesn't explode during normal use I'm totally satisfied and proud to brag that my cheap setup consistently runs at 3.4ghz...especially while my house temp is that high. 8^)

...so basically your CPU is stable as long as it isn't stressed and the ambient temperature is acceptable.

Also if you truly think running orthos for 10 hours is for bragging rights then you must really be a newb

lol....Orthos is not for bragging rights. It's for stability. Benchmarking is for bragging rights.

...so basically your CPU is stable as long as it isn't stressed and the ambient temperature is acceptable.

Also if you truly think running orthos for 10 hours is for bragging rights then you must really be a newb

LOL, never have I mentioned anywhere in TF that I'm a f...n pro! I'm positive you know way more than me. No argument there. Nub...yep, no prblem if you put that lable on me. It's cool!

Stable? Hello...anybody home!!!!!! Dude, you mean to tell me that if I don't run my pc with Orthos kinda stress for hours my pc sucks? Listen, I don't game. I DO VIDEO EDITING AND PHOTOSHOP WORK so I don't need to spend another $200 for a good OC mb, $60 for the hsf, and $100 or more for better memory. My cheap setup hits 3.4ghz, doesn't crash with high ambient temps.
I don't think I ever said that my setup is top of the line and that it would handle Orthos for hours.

The fact is you guys don't believe that I'm even stable(normal use) at 3.4 w/hsf during normal use is what started this whole thing.
Whatever. I'm a nub, your the pro, and at 3.4ghz(not a one time f..n #)but consisten #, with a lame hsf....it does its job!

It's all good though. You guys give good advice. I've learned a lot. I'm happy...

Hey man, I wasn't trying to offend you or anything. As long as you're happy with your computer, that's fine by me.

I only go to the one time number, to see how far I can take it. I'm not interested in running it that high, because I see no significance between the high, and the one I'm running at now. And as I said before, the temps weren't where I'd like them to be. If it was then, I would run it higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom