asus bios update... still e8400 temp problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

braz

Daemon Poster
just wondering if there are any bios updates for temp monitor program updates that work with the wolfdale E8400. I cannot get the right reading off of anything. I have the ASUS P5N-D motherboard. BIOS ver 0302.

UPDATE: Just updated BIOS with the ASUS Update tool. At version 0304 now. Still same readings *SIGH* this stinks. core temp doesnt go below 41c, everest stuck at 23c, I get an error when trying to run speedfan 4.34 beta. this REALLY blows! u guys think my heatsink is on bad? im using the arctic freezer 7 pro. I KNOW i heard all four sides clip in. Yes, I know I have posted threads like this before, but i never got a solution. I wanna OC this cpu, but cant with faulty temps. BIOS showed around 48c... I used the asus update program to flash the bios. Reads the bios at ver 0304, so i think that worked.

the temp probes might be messed up in ur cpu try taking it back or rma and get a new one.

you can just get a fan controller that has a built in temp probe and stick it on the ihs of the cpu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom