Aspire Explorer Fans/Sinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhick40

Baseband Member
Alright, I've got a couple questions about my impending build. The case i'm getting is the Aspire Explorer, and it's got 2 80? mm fans, and a controller with the case. it said it controlled 5, so i want to get three more. Does anyone have suggestions for 80mm blue fans? I have no idea how to do the wiring, but HERE is a link to the case. Also, the PQI turbo im getting, 1gb stick, has black mirror spreader. would i be able to use blue mirror ram sink? black isn't bad, but blue would stick with the color theme. As far as CPU coolers, i chose this one, the Zalman CNPZS7000B

also, what cords can be replaced with rounded? i'm getting uv reactive rounded cables, and a uv sleeving kit, cold cathode.

I have that case...its got an 80mm fan on back (adaptable for 120mm) and a 80mm on top. It's got room for 2 80 mm fans in the front. Don't know about the wiring for the controller because i dont have any fans in front and thats where it is....there's two plugs that come from the front of the case, one says input and one says output..i would imagine you plug the fans into the output plug and the power supply plug into input and you can then control how much voltage gets through...but i havent tried it. You can get the IDE cables rounded...idk what else you would need round.

You asking that made me curious about the wiring so I just tried what I said..and that IS how it works...it's so quiet with them turned down, im surprised! I also have an aspire 520W power supply with fan control, so quiet with it all turned down...its odd.

well thats good to know, since iw ill be getting virtually the same stuff as you. is that 520 come with the case? and how did you plug in the fans, btw. I found it unclear. is there five output for the fans, and one for the power supply? i'm just wondering, because i don't know what pin to get for the fans.

okay, here is what i'm thinking. if anyone has suggestions, or if i have something completely wrong, please tell me and suggest something if you can think of it.

Thermaltake Blue Orb CPU F/HS: its blue, and sweet looking, not too big
OCZ Ultra 5+ Thermal Paste: For heatsink, anywhere else? ram has spreaders...
Zalman 700 for 6800gs
blue led sunbeam salf08 80mm fans, can i use the stock controller?

I bought the power supply seperate. There's only one output plug(socket) for the fans, but each of the fans has a plug and an extra plug coming off it...so you put one fan plug into the other fan plug, and then plug that one into the plug labeled 'output' from the case. And then put a plug from the power supply into the plug labeled 'input'. So 12v is the input, then that goes through the front knob control (I think it can go down to 3.3v), and it outputs that to the fans.

i see, thanks. so how many pins do the fans have, since you can get like 2, 4, or 3? this has been a great help man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom