as5 thermal ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerodayATK

Daemon Poster
kk i have some as5 now is that thremal epoxy? will it glue it on there? bc i have a pIII cooler that im modding to go on my vid card for cooling and i wanna stick it on ther but i need to know if the as5 will ike glue it since it wil lbe hangin upsidedown

as5 is pretty sticky but its not a good idea to used it to hold a HS. Use some plastic ties or something to hold it in place.

lancec2c30 said:
No you will need something else to actually hold the hs on.

You know for the small ram sinks from the VGA cooler packages like Zalmans, how do they stay on? Will AS5 work?

peterhuang913 said:
You know for the small ram sinks from the VGA cooler packages like Zalmans, how do they stay on? Will AS5 work?

Thermal epoxy, it's different than AS5.

I wouldn't use zip-ties...

Figure out a way to use the existing mounting holes. Maybe drill a hole through the heat sink and use a bolt/washer/spring/nut combination to hold it on? Would be a lot better than zip-ties.

yeah, u want the hs to be as perfectly flat and snug on the chip as possible... zip ties leave alot to chance

if ur gonna do it, use like at least 3 zip ties, going in both directions (if the hs allows)

Zip ties would be taking a serious chance with the video card. What card do you have? Are you sure the P3 cooler will be better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom