as5 is like glue!

Status
Not open for further replies.
jimmyness said:
yes, well anywho, there was nothing wrong with the application, the stuff just goes hard, but like i said i cant put the card in the comp cos its agp and ive got a pci-e board now, but i heated it with a hairdryer and maganed to yank it off....................but when i did, a timy piece of tha mirrored plate that it sits on chiped off, i dunno what it is http://www.teschke.de/heatpipes/MSI-RX800SE-Zalman-ram-kuhler-gpu-seite-gr.jpg the thing that says ATI...gpu? anywho yea a nity piece like a mm deep and about 1mm long and 1.5mm wide chipped out, will it still wokr??, i just cant test it?

jimmyness said:
and what about the chip in the vga i said about, is it gonna be ****ed?

jimmyness said:
anyways back to my other question, is the vga vucked if the is a tiny chip in the shiney square gpu???

You cracked the GPU core. Chances are good your card is dead.

WAA, i thought it was just gonna be a heat sink, i cant have broken, that cards worth like £120:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

TRY THE CARD ALREADY!!!!!!!!!! what have you got to lose. i mean i'm assuming you were going to try it based on our guesses anyway so you really have nothing to lose. i am certain that it is not the core that has been damaged, the plate is just to provide a "good thermal interface"

As far as I know its the most conductive element.
nope. gold is more conductive. but as elements under standard conditions go it is pretty dang conductive. there are of course superconductors but we won't include something where you need temperatures of like 4 kelvin :D

Ridlyn said:
lol wouldnt it be funny, when he gets it off he finds out that he actually did put glue on, instead of as5.

wow ive been watchin this ever since he cracked the gpu core, and knew it, but thought you guys would point it out, till snake-eyes finally pointed it out on this page! lol, i knew that card was fried ever since he said it chipped, and ridlyn said, wouldnt it be funny if he actually used glue? how ironic ^_^

jimmyness said:
WAA, i thought it was just gonna be a heat sink, i cant have broken, that cards worth like £120:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

That may be how much you paid for it, but now it is worth £0.

I don't think it was worth much more than that before you broke it, its just an AGP 6800...

i cant test it, cos i have no agp board to test it on.

and in UK 6800 on ebay og for £100+ if the core is fuked no ones gonna want it

well i do know of people using Athlon XP's with chipped cores so if i were you i don't see harm in trying to find a friends pc you can test on or getting a shop to test it. if it's a friend it's free. if it's a shop you may be able to get them to do it for free or a small fee. if a small fee than at least you know whether you can sell it or not. as is it is worthless, if you check it you may get your £100 but if it is damaged at least you have an answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom