as5 is like glue!

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol

the first one would be AS5, the second one would be a material to clean it up if you're replacing the thermal paste.

-Jo.

Question, if the AS5 is only suppsoe to be a bead about the size of a grain of rice, it is suppose to be spread over the entire surface of the core correct ,or is it literally suppose to be a bead in the center (never used it although I am thinking about it.

JoshSB said:
Question, if the AS5 is only suppsoe to be a bead about the size of a grain of rice, it is suppose to be spread over the entire surface of the core correct ,or is it literally suppose to be a bead in the center (never used it although I am thinking about it.

it spreads out to a circle about a third of the overall space of the heatspreader... its fine because that way it is oriented over the actual processor core, which is a little square die maybe a square cm or so dead center underneath the heatspreader

Can i have the rest of your AS5 adhesive for my ramsinks on my GPU :p I've been looking for a cheap pair :)

AS5 is only supposed to be applied as a rice grain sized piece when you have a cpu with a heatspreader then it will spread as DarkS1d3 said. otherwise on an exposed die (GPU, athlon XP, Duron, P3 etc) then it should be spread thinly with a razor.

cheap thermal paste tends to be white because it is a different composition.

generally white is ceramic, silver actually contains silver... pulverized. artic silver.... funny name huh? Silver has higher conductivity then copper, both electricly and thermally. As far as I know its the most conductive element.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom