Artifact tester?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Threepwood

Daemon Poster
Is there something like ATI tools artifact scanner for NVIDIA cards? Im OCING my 6800gs AGP card and had it at 430, but then noticed a few artifacts, backed down to 410 and still had some I think, now im at 390 and its working right with no artifacts as far as I can tell (yes i oced doign 5 mhz increases but didnt notice any artifacts till i hit 430, then 410 was still artifacting probably because it had time to heat up). I got the memory to 1.2 but am keeping it at 1.1 because I really dont want this card to burn out its all I can get ATM.

So is there a tools to test for artifacts that I can just leave running for like an hour.

wow only 410mhz! well ati tool is proubly the best artifact scanner. it will work for nvidia to scan for artifacts but not for clock ajustments. trust me i used it with my 6600gt a while back. AND YOUR VIDEO CARD IS NOT GOING TO BURN UP. BUT YOU DO WANT IT TO BURN IN... 1.2GHZ IS PROUBLY SAFE, DONT BE SCARED OF THE SPEEDS.. THATS REALLY A LOW OVERCLOCK, BUT I GUESS FOR THE AGP VERSION YOUR DOING ALRIGHT.

Wow ATI tool owns, the new one can even OC nvidia cards no problem. Whats a dangerous temp for an nv40 based GPU though cause at 420 on ATI tool I wasnt getting any artifacts but I was hitting 80 degrees celcius almost. Maybe I'll buy one of those PCI slot cooler fans, couldnt hurt. Thanks to ATI Tool I may be able to actually leave it at 410/1.2ghz because I thought I saw artifacts in 3dmark at 410 but I wasnt sure its hard to tell if its just the texture sometimes or not.

nv40 is the 6800gt right? I know the core slowdown threshhold for that card is 135c.

The slowdown is 120 degrees celcius, and yes it shares a chipset with the 6800gt but the GS is a bit crappier with less pipelines and one less vertex shader.

yea well the 6800gs is a good video card, no doubt about it. and the pci e models can Oc and beat the ultra. ive never heard of temps this hi 003 a threshhold of 135c?! to slow it down, thats a little hi! i think 90c would easliy slow it down, and 135c is proubly the chip burning lol, i mean 135c! dude thats hott, your video card would be a burner. cook mini tostitos pizzas on it with aluminum foil. lol

My old 6800GT was 135c. It's probably lower for the 6800GS because it's 110nm, the 6800GT is 130nm. BTW, the 6800GS is the best card in the Geforce 6 series. It overclocks and beats the 6800 ultra on stock cooling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom