Artic Silver vs Antec Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes -.- Arctic silver can make a major change in tempetures, sometimes it can't. But umm yea im saying what that site said, i had enough to cover nearly 50+ CPU's with the heat spreader.....

yea but how exactly do u apply this i heard that u just put a rice grain size in the corner then apply the hs/f is that right? what would happen if i completely cover the cpu??

with the ones with heatspreaders you put a small dot in the MIDDLE of the CPU, not the corner.....the die is in the middle, so I don't see where you got corner from.

The weight of the heatspreader once put on will then spread it out for you.

Cover the whole CPU and it'll just spill out over the sides and cause problems since the stuff can be conductive.

All of this is covered on arcticsilver.com or whatever their website is

I allways got better results when i spread it out on the heat spreader and it did spill out over the corners but not enough to get on anything that would short out....

Well thats what Antec silver says to do. Cover it, wipe it off, then put on half a grain of rice and spread it over the cpu core in a thin layer.

just don't put much on, it is mainly designed to cover the tiny gaps.
put about a drop on the middle of the CPU. like Nubius said, the heatsink will spread it out when it is put on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom