Arctic Silver 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
do you put the hs too, or just the cpu?

well.. i'd say iono what you're talking about but you need to put the cpu into the socket on the mobo lol, then put the hsf back on top. And on AS's website I think they say it can take 30 days

rub the AS5 into the heatsink with something plastic, to fill all the imperfections. Then wipe away with paper tower. Then apply a thin coat to the CPU core. The AS guide says as thin as 1/300 the thickness of paper. GL with that. If you have been using the heatsink for a while, and see big scratches, then use some 800 grit sandpaper, and use it for 45mins while watching tv or something.

well I just bought and installed a cool master jet 4 and i'm posotive that its seated right, but the temps are still around 46-50 degrees celcius at idle and get in the upper 50s at a load. I put a small amount of AS5 on the hs, enough to cover it. I used a razor to do this. The jet 4 lights up and seems to be doing what its soppose to do, but my temps are still pretty high, or higher than they should be with this hs/f....any ideas?

another question I have about the "burn in" process; would using a cpu burn in program or whatever speed up the process or have a positive effect on my temps after it is completed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom