Arctic Cooling Accelero XTREME fit non-reference 5870?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know if the Arctic Cooling Accelero XTREME will fit on a non reference 5870 without any problems?

Arctic Cooling Accelero XTREME 5870 [AC-XTRM-5870] - $75.00 : PC Case Gear

This card: XFX ATI Radeon HD5870 [XFX-5870-1GB] - $499.00 : PC Case Gear

The Accelero Xtreme 5870 works on the V2 boards. I was hesitant about ordering it, but was also quite annoyed by the noise these things make and decided to take a chance. The only issue is that you'll have to chop off about 2.5cm from the end of one of the RAM heatsinks (I used a hacksaw, took all of 2 minutes), or else both will not fit on the board. Otherwise, the main heatsink itself fits great, and is much cooler (approx. 20c delta at load, 64c versus 84c) and quieter (even at 100%, it's less noise than the stock cooler at 50%) than the stock one. I'm pretty happy with the results overall (and glad it worked out). Btw I also have the XFX V2 (xxx-ZNFC).

That's a quote from another guy who asked t he same thing ^

EDIT: Some people are saying yes, some people are saying no. Best thing to do would be contact Artic cooling and ask them, then you'll know for sure.

The only issue is that you'll have to chop off about 2.5cm from the end of one of the RAM heatsinks (I used a hacksaw, took all of 2 minutes), or else both will not fit on the board.

Jesus! that doesn't sound too good.

Cheers for the reply, I emailed them the other day still waiting on a reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom