Aquamark and 3dmark Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

geo3tech

In Runtime
Hi guys. I'm using aquamark and 3dmark, both 03, to see how effective my overclocked video card is working out. I have a radeon 9800 pro 256 and trying to overclock to xt.

I have catalyst 4.8 installed and whenever i run aquamark the fps is so slow that i have to abort the test, same with 3dmark. fps is like 12 when it begins and it's like 1 fps at the explosives.

Funny thing is whenever i play farcry, it's just fine. like 60 fps at high settings and also on doom3. What's wrong???.

I can't run halo, doesn't even start, could this be effected by the thing that i talked about above?

Well I know aquamark is supposed to tax your card pretty good, but I'm on an FX 5700 256mb card and get 23k in it. 28k if I overclock the card. When that massive overdraw explosion happens it dips down to 6Fps cause that's just too much. But your card should be able to do that no prob. Maybe the OC is too much?

In aquamak you should be getting low 40K's at stock speeds and around 47K's OCed (if you have good cooling). First of all, upgrade to the new 4.10 version drivers from Ati. That will fix some of your problems and the new drivers will also give a performance boost. Also, what brand is your card? After that if you are still having problems, make sure that you do not have any strange settings in your benchmarking programs. In aquamark, I start the program running 132fps and dip down to 13.1fps on the Massive Overdraw. You can see my score and how far I OCed below, and btw I have not OCed my CPU or memory. Let me know.

My radeon is from the original ATI case so i'm not sure which company it is.

I have ran aquamark with this vid card and got like 40k like 3 months ago. But now i'm not getting that good quality for some reason. But the games work fine, so could i be my ati driver problem?

o ya. forgot to tell ya. This thing all happened at my stock speed. no OC wutsoever. i was going to but i couldn't cuz of this problem.

Yes, it is probably your drivers. Like I said, uninstall any Ati drivers and install the new 4.10 catalyst from Ati. If the problem is still evident, reinstall your motherboards chipset drivers (updated ones if you have them). Don't ask me why you need to update the chipset drivers after installing the vid card drivers, you just need to sometimes. And it works. Let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom