Anything I should know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayniac

Daemon Poster
I want to overclock my 6800GT for games like Half-Life 2 and Doom 3, but the thing is that every time I've tried in the past, I get the blue screen saying hardware failed, so on etc. etc. So is there anything I should know about this? Is there some heat sensor that makes the screen pop up when it gets so hot that I can turn off? I've heard that the temp on the graphics card can go up to 120 c, and I know damn well it isn't getting that hot. Any suggestions?

Yeah, I read through that and I read everything about the signs that you've overclocked too far. I noticed that in the list, it never said anything about getting the blue screen. Does that simply mean that when I do it, another component like my RAM is what really is not handling it properly?

increase in small amounts, when it reaches its max (blue screen) go back a few.. dont push your limits to much, or you could blow your cpu

You get that side fan remedied? Make sure you are properly cooled.

Wayniac, it seems you are really quickly moving up in the world of overclocking. I think you should graduate to better cooling solution, water cooled or better. But thats just me.

Thanks, yeah, can you believe that about a month or two ago, I was asking what the FSB was? I would move up to a better cooling method, but I am going to college on June 25th and I don't really have the money to sink into other stuff right now. For now, my crappy fans will have to do. Oh well... it isn't horrible.

Wayniac said:
Thanks, yeah, can you believe that about a month or two ago, I was asking what the FSB was? I would move up to a better cooling method, but I am going to college on June 25th and I don't really have the money to sink into other stuff right now. For now, my crappy fans will have to do. Oh well... it isn't horrible.

Yeah, I remember you as just a little n00b.... Now our Wayne is all growed up! :p

Where you going to college?

I'm going back to school in September as well, so I'm working ATM and buying all my stuff so I can go to college and not worry about having shitty computer parts. But I have a few months to do that, you only have less than a month so I see.

Michigan, eh? I live on the east coast, in Mass. I'm going to UMass Dartmouth. Going to study either Computer Engineering or Computer and Information Systems. I can either be the guy who builds the computers, or the guy who supports them. Havent decided yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom