Anyone overclocked a 3200+ venice on a Gigabyte GA-K8N-SLI

Status
Not open for further replies.

mophead740

In Runtime
I was just wondering (the topic says it all) if anyone had overclocked a AMD athlon 64 3200+ Venice core with a stock amd cooler on a GIGABYTE GA K8N-SLI Mobo
At the moment I have not overclocked it and it has a core temperature of 14 degrees celcius
Anybody know what temp is healthy
that would also help
how about voltages
i no how to change all this stuff but im a bit afraid of doing anything lethal
Thanks

LMAO. 14*C, that's what you call a bug. There's no way in **** that your CPU is running at that temperature. Anyway that being said your motherboard isn't that great for overclocking. You can go pretty far with a Venice core Athlon. I wouldn't be surprised if you hit something like 2.7GHz. My 3000+ hits that easily. Keep your voltage under 1.6 and your fine. As for temps (doesn't really matter because there's no accurate reading on your motherboard) keep it under 50*C under full load and your fine.

im actually using this gigabyte utility to find the cpu temp, its called easytune 5
it came with my mobo
is there any way to get a more accurate temperature reading?

Sorry Mophead,
Gigabyte boards are highly stable but they are horrible for Overclocking. Also are you on stock cooling? If you want to O/C well. Look into DFI/ASUS/MSI with an aftermarket cooler you will definately be happy.

I no they suk for OCing but im just having some fun
u no nothing huge
anyway i OC'ed it from 2GHz to 2.2GHz today and I'm going to leave it at that because it is running stable and benchmarking significantly higher than before
thanks for helping!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom