Anyone just leave their side panel off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also a small new trim paint brush works great for cleaning the cards and fans off...

water actually works really well to clean circuit boards... as long as you use an alcohol spray when you are done to displace the water. When i was a marine electronics tech... i would always get radars and gps's n crap that were soaked in salt water because the boat capsized or whatever.

Just use some water, a toothbrush,, then spray it with an alcohol spray.. it will displace the water, then dry.. leaving the board clean and dry

I've heard that having the side panel on helps move the air out the back, over the processor. Assuming this, taking the side panel off would mess up that air flow, possibly not getting enough air to the cpu.

I've heard that having the side panel on helps move the air out the back, over the processor. Assuming this, taking the side panel off would mess up that air flow, possibly not getting enough air to the cpu.

I have read the same in various articles and reviews. Generally speaking, if the case is a good design, and good fans are used, removing a side panel isn't needed.

I guess I had expected more from my Case, because the temps are 10-12 degrees less if I keep the side panel off. I'm using the Centurion 5. I think the front fan is just not pulling it enough air, it's a small 70/80mm fan. The back fan is 120mm and is moving lots of hot air out. I also have a side fan I tried as both exhaust and intake which made no difference. I added in a small card fan to go under the 8800gts and it did lower the temps 2-3 degrees, but overall, just much cooler with the side off. And if I set a small fan on my desk about 15" away from my PC it drops the temps another 5 degrees. These 8800GTS are awesome but I think it's killing my temps, especially board temps. I just don't want to get a cooler for it because I know that kills the eVGA warranty. I have a Freezer Pro cooler on my CPU and the CPU temps is about the only thing that seems normal. HeHe

Any super awesome cases I can get? I actually prefer something without LED's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom