Anyone here overclocked a Intel Q9450 before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I'm really impressed with this CPU: coming from a not particularly brilliant
E6600, I have to say that this is great.
Currently I am achieving 3.4Ghz leaving everything in auto. My temps are 30 idle and below 50 at load, no matter if OCing or stock.
So far I've not been able to break the wall of FSB 425 but I suspect there should be something related to memory settings and/or NB rather than CPU's fault: I own a Gigabyte X38 DQ6 which is quite picky with memory timings (my mem: 2x2GB OCZ Platinum DDR2-1000).
Any suggestion appreciated, thanks :happy:

FSB frequency : 435
fsb to nb strap : 333
DRAM @ 1045 5-5-5-15
performance level : 8
Vcore : 1.225
GTL reference : auto
PLL voltage : 1.5
FSB termination : 1.4
DRAM : 2.1
NB : 1.3
cpu clock skew : 400ps
NB clock skew : 100ps

hey nagasama best to set the PLL voltage to 1.52 - 1.56 as it overvolts by something nasty like .2 or .3v if set to 1.5....otherwise it only overvolts around .02v.

For future reference never put any of the voltage settings on Asus boards on auto or their default settings...especially the P5Q series.

Also that's a lot more NB vcore than you need. I would drop it down to 1.22 or so....you also should be able to run PL 7 at 430fsb.

wont boot at PL 7.
i'll set the PLL at 1.52 and see what happens. i dont know why i thought you meant lower it when you clearly said to raise it.

Bumbing NB voltage up (Vcore still on auto) I was able to achieve 3.5 Ghz. However, according to Everest's tests, performance-wise it's worst than my 3.4 Ghz previous setup (about minus 5-10% in all tests). I believe this is due to the performance level that changed from 7 to 8 which does have an impact on memory bandwidth and ultimately in how data is transferred between CPU and memory.
I think I'll stick to 3.4Ghz: performance and temperature are great and I don't even feel I am OCing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom