Anyone familiar with "SpeedFan"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thresh

Desktop Engineer
I just downloaded the program and its giving me some bizarre temperatures. Some of them make sense and others dont. The temperature that was defaulted to my taskbar, the one that you should be most concerned with im assuming is at 126c. Now I know thats not right. I'm pretty sure I can change which temperature sensor it will show down there, but im not quite sure. The one im thinking is the "Local" sensor because it shows it at 49c and has a check next to it. Im trying to view my CPU temperature. Is there a way to view your GPU temperature on the taskbar as well? Thanks alot all

Thresh said:
Anyone familiar with "SpeedFan"?

Everyone is.

It doesn't usually give incorrect readings since it reads right from your hardware, but try using something like Everest: Home Edition or Motherboard Monitor 5 (MBM5 doesn't have my mobo, so it might not have yours).

Yeah I messed around a little more with it. I found out the ones reading 127c are just sensors not hooked up. I looked at the idle temp of the two sensors I think could be my CPU and then rebooted and went into BIOS and checked the CPU temperature there and matched them up. So im pretty sure i've got the right one now.

Are you suggesting to use those programs for my GPU temp monitoring or CPU?

Well, I've only used SpeedFan on my old computer, so I don't know how accurate the readings are. However, for the CPU, I love using Everest.

As for the GPU, I'm looking for a program to sense that myself =/

Maybe Everest also senses the GPU, but I don't even know if mine has a sensor on it...

If you do, just go to where you adjust your screen reso, click advanced, then click the tab that has your vid card on it, and then you should see a temperature settings thing to the left. This is only for Nvidia cards, so anyone else reading this without one, it wont work :-( So if it shows your temp, you have a sensor. Now, I know I have one but how do I get it to show up next to my CPU temp on the taskbar...hmm....

your vid card has to have a temp probe in it to monitor it, or you have to install one yourself. not all nvidia cards have them, jsut to clarify.

used Speedfan for a good long tim.e love it, install it on all computers i ever build (providing they work with SpeedFan. a bit tricky at first to distinguish good reading from bad ones, but right now i got 5 good ones and 2 that seem a bit whack. not bad

Yeah, well obviously nvidia cards from 5+ years ago aren't gonna have it. Forgot to take into consideration, lotso peeps here have old systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom