Any way to make my psu give me a full 12 volt line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsiboy700

Fully Optimized
Like is said is there anyway to mod or configure my actual power supply to give me my full 12.00v instead of like 11.30 IN WINDOWS (dont know what it is in games). People said this is why my pc kept all together crashing and i thought they were wrong. (till i dl everest and found out im below 12, in windows no less!) So anything i can do. My dads an electrician so any electrical tools needed i probably have. I want to do this casue i cant get a psu for a couple of weeks and gaming has hit my all time high cause of the excessive amount of rain (6 days straight). Any ideas anyone?

Thats the problem i cant and wont be able to for weeks and right now its mod a psu and if i loose it big deal. It seems its gonna die very soon anyway since everytime i look at the voltage on my 12v rail its going down.

didnt you make a thread of this before, i mean theres a nice psu for about 40 bucks would be much better then that.

Its not the PSU you have to worry about loosing...its your life. We (and I mean PC builders) don't mess with PSUs, we simply replace them. If you open it up, you run the risk of ending up a burnt spot on the floor (You'll be taking up to 300W of electricity).

Do you really want to run the risk of dieing just because you couldn't wait a few weeks to play games again?

Flanker said:
If you open it up, you run the risk of ending up a burnt spot on the floor (You'll be taking up to 300W of electricity).

If you can drain it properly it's okay to work on,I found out the hard way :( I tried adding an extra fan with out draining it all the way and BAM!!!! my one finger slipped and i got one hell of a shock,My arm was numb for just about the whole day and plus when it hapend i even peed a little :eek: :p :p

Yea, if you get enough amps discharged into your body and such it can kill you easily..... I have only done one mod to a PSU and that was to cut wires out and turn it into a PSU that was allways on....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom