Any tips for PSU cooling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingAustin

Daemon Poster
Hi, I have the Antec Truepower II PSU and right now it's spitting out a significant amount of heat. It is one of the culprits for making my computer room feel like a sauna, the other culprits being my dual LCDs, but I'll take heat before I get rid of those lol. Does anyone know any tips to help keep it cooler (without decreasing the current load) or if you could suggest some fans which move a lot of air under 30 dbA? It's a great PSU besides this one problem. Any input is appreciated :)

wouldnt the heat evacuating from the case still make the room hot?
i think the answer is, if you can, try just lowering the ac temp in your room. my office room is like the friggin north pole most of the time. i also have a ceiling fan.
hrm, i dunno of any fans that move a lot of air but stay as quiet as 30db...but really haven't researched it too much.

I want both cooler... if I get more efficient fans in the PSU, my theory is it will make the room cooler because the PSU won't be getting as hot because it won't have as much hot air just sitting around in it, and the case will also get slightly cooler because the bottom fan will be sucking air in more efficiently.

Oh, and about the AC. I'm home for the summer and my parents don't turn the AC on until it's almost unbearable..... cheapasses..... my step dad just bought a new $50,000 Lexus too... they hardly make sense.

the more fans you have the cooler the air will get because the air is moving around and not lingering in the case
also clean out the dust, it usually helps

Oh, and about the AC. I'm home for the summer and my parents don't turn the AC on until it's almost unbearable..... cheapasses..... my step dad just bought a new $50,000 Lexus too... they hardly make sense.

holy crap dude that comment makes my day lmao at the expense of your sweltering house lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom