PSU Enermax 600W Noisetaker
or 520W SlienX

CPU AMD64 3000+ Socket 939
HDs 160 Gig WD SATA
or 160 Gig Hitatchi
or 160 Gig Seagate
MB Asus A8N-Sli
Video Card GeForce 6600GT 128MB
Ram Corsair XMS TWINx1024 - 3200C2 (2x512 400Mhz)
or OCZ DDR PF 2x512M PC3200 Kit
CPU Fan Thermaltake Big Typhoon 4 in 1 heat pipe cooling
or Silenx - SX-120C iXtrema 120mm Cu
or ZALMAN CNPS7000B-CU CPU COOLER

Any suggestions or compatability issues you can see?

hdd get the seagate
get an evga 6600gt
dont get that heatsink its way overated look at the thermalright xp-90 or the zalman 7700cu much better for the money make sure the cpu is the venice core and youll be able to oc like hell

aspire.comptech said:
hdd get the seagate
get an evga 6600gt
dont get that heatsink its way overated look at the thermalright xp-90 or the zalman 7700cu much better for the money make sure the cpu is the venice core and youll be able to oc like hell
I second this, but would like to say you should also drop the SLI board for a cheaper nforce4 ultra.

No, get the sli board and the thermalright XP-90C. ALso, for ram go for the C2pro version of yours. Perhaps Enermax EG565P 535 Watt Power Supply (SLI-Ready) $121.
Roger

1. dont get the copper thermalright heatsink alu is cheaper and lighter and they both give you the exact same temps diff was about .8 to 1 degree cbut you end up paying more than 20 bucks more than with the xp-90

and do NOT get sli board by the time you gonna be upgrading single cards wil be soo good you wont need 2 plus it costs like 80 bucks less...
Also that psu isnt the best only 3 ppl have reviewed it
http://www.newegg.com/OldVersion/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=17-103-924&depa=1
look at this cheaper, looks better and will perform much better
end of discussion

Thanks for all the opinions.

Right now, the computer i have sounds like a jet airplane. I've been looking to get a really quiet computer after suffering with this bad boy for 4 years.

I'm still not sure on the cpu heat sink... The case I'm getting is farily big and I don't really see me having trouble with the 120mm big typhoon, and the silentX cooler is the same as the zalman only quieter by a long shot. Also the prices all seem to be on par, so why go with the XP-90?

with SLI I figured I could buy just the one vid card now and then upgrade in a couple of years for like $100 and end up with a really fast video card as opposed to buying the latest and greatest one for $300+. I figured that sli was an awesome cost saving feature in the long run.

Oh, and that ram. If it's the one I think you're talking about then it's basically the next step up as far as timing goes for the corsair ram right? The jump from this one to the pro in price seems to be HUGE! I was wondering if it was worth it to even go with what I got. Ram timing doesn't seem to have much effect on game performance, just maybe overclockability if you take fast timing ram for example and slow the timing down, you can overclock it more, but spending more on ram than anything else on my computer is hard to swallow.

Thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom