Any Suggestions????

Status
Not open for further replies.
ouch man. ouch. 12gb NO GOOD AT ALL! Does anyone think it would be an OK idea if i were to connect this 30gb drive (which i think is 6000 RPM or so) with my 300gb Maxtor (7200RPM) in RAID0 Array? Would it worsen my performance or substantially increase it?

i think the have to be same speed for a raid, size dosnt matter, but ya could get a couple 30gb ones well cheap and raid em, and put the OS on, that should be pretty fast, but im geussing ya dont wanna spend any moey or youd just get some ram or somthing?

BAH! wut ever. I wasn't even trying to "increase" my performance. My boot speed if fast enuf for me. Just bored an all this crap just happened to appear before my eyes...maybe I'll try some sort o mod...maybe a recyclebin computer...

if the 30gb drive you are talking about is the SCSI one you would need a RAID controller that can span SCSI and SATA/IDE. aside from that RAID 0 requires equal sized disks or it will be limited to twice the capacity of the smaller drive of the pair

the P3 that "looks like a SNES cartridge" is a Slot 1 cartridge. also known as SECC packaging (Single Edge Contact Cartridge if i remember correctly). it's pretty much the forerunner to socket 370 although it may not look it. there were adapters to bridge socket 370 processors to Slot 1 kind of like the adapters to use Pentium M's on s478

I have 760gb well used to.

My one 300gb hard drive died.

so i only have 460gb...

1 300gb and one 160gb

Norcent said:
I have 760gb well used to.

My one 300gb hard drive died.

so i only have 460gb...

1 300gb and one 160gb

Do you want some Crylenol? Or maybe a Sadville or two? :p

Look at my other post, I win on NOT having space.

well.. my friends computer only had like 6gb's.. and he got stuck down to 6mb's he had to delete a song everytime he wanted one.. man that computer was super old...

my other computer has a 40gig hdd and got down to about 150kb becuase of wondows updates
PS. it was p[artitioned so the os was on a 13gb partitiomn

Yeah, I really hate having 2 40GB hdds. I need to get some money together and buy a 250GB or something. Expecially considering I'm an Itunes whore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom