Any of this stuff good

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevinG

Baseband Member
Hey,

Im on a pretty tight buget but i want to try to get the best i can afford for a gaming pc (i love gaming, but im not hardcore and dont need all setting on VERY high).

Any of this stuff good ?

Geil Ultra Series Value Dual Channel 184 Pin 1GB(512MBx2) DDR PC-3200

ABIT "IC7-G MAXII ADVANCE" i875P

Intel Pentium 4/ 2.8C GHz 800MHz FSB, 512K Cache, Hyper Threading Technology

ANTEC Performance Plus Case with 430W Power Supply

Pmi Turbo Memory Dual Channel Kit 184-Pin 1GB (512MBx2) DDR PC-3200

GAINWARD nVIDIA GeForce FX5700 ULTRA Video Card, 128MB GDDR3, 128-bit, Dual DVI/TV-Out, 8X AGP, Model "FX PowerPack! Ultra/960

Is the motherboard good ?

Also are any of those RAMs good, if one or both are which is best for that motherboard ?

Thanks Alot

That Mobo is great for OCing, the only one better than the Max2 is the Max3 but its a bit pricy, $185 on Newegg!

ok thanks... hows about the memory and video card, which on is best (memory) and is that video card any good.... think it runs core speed at 475 or 500 and memory speed is like 1000 or 950 ?

well thanks again

Geil is a good quality RAM, even if it is Value RAM.

The graphics card is good, apparently allows good overclocking also.

The system will handle any game you throw at it, although it may require the latest games to run at Medium quality etc.

If you haven't already bought it, I would recommend a Athlon 64 for gaming - but the Pentium is still very good.

Yes, check out my system below. Same processsor and mobo. My ram is OCZ which is pretty cheap and high qaulity (meant for OCing). I have an ATI 9600se, but the FX 5700 is a much better card. But with my system, I can run FarCry on medium without it lagging. And that is a very demanding game. With that stuff and the 5700 card, you would have a great system. Also, you can OC that system to 3.5GHz, about 1GHz FSB, but I dont know about the Vid Card. Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom