Antec 900 mod questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaanish

Fully Optimized
I know that some people on Tech Forums have successfully spray painted the inside of their Antec 900 cases. I just have a few questions about it; I really don't have a clue about spray painting.

Did you just spray the paint on to the metal, or did you prime it or something first? Do you only need one coat or did you put multiple coats on to it? Was the spray 'gloss'? Also what do you think a good colour is? Because at the moment I'm stuck between red and black.

I'm also looking at lapping my e6300 processor. Because at the moment I'm getting a 4-5* temperature difference between the cores. How long does this process typically take? And also what sort of temperature decreases have some of you seen when lapping duals?

Thanks.

sand down the paint with a 400 or 600 grit..that way it paint will stick..then you can either primer or just paint

i used 98cent walmart satin black on mine...it worked just fine.

Ah, I wish I can paint, but I can't due to it being winter and I don't have an indoor facility. I suggest sanding first to rid the surface of major bumps and defects then using a primer (2-3 coats will do) to fill in minor holes (I only use SEM self etching primer). Then spray on light coats of your color of choice until you are satisfied with the coverage. If you want a high gloss finish then sand in progressively finer increments (600->800->1200->1600) after the paint has cured. Apply clearcoat if needed.

This guide might help. case-mod-paint-computer-pc-case-mod-how-to1

Also, I suggest removing the top plastic cover of the Antec 900 because it will allow you to get better spray distribution in the hard to reach places.

Ah, I wish I can paint, but I can't due to it being winter and I don't have an indoor facility. I suggest sanding first to rid the surface of major bumps and defects then using a primer (2-3 coats will do) to fill in minor holes (I only use SEM self etching primer). Then spray on light coats of your color of choice until you are satisfied with the coverage. If you want a high gloss finish then sand in progressively finer increments (600->800->1200->1600) after the paint has cured. Apply clearcoat if needed.

This guide might help. case-mod-paint-computer-pc-case-mod-how-to1

Also, I suggest removing the top plastic cover of the Antec 900 because it will allow you to get better spray distribution in the hard to reach places.

you only need Self Etching primer when you are using it on bare metal. Anything else I just use a regular or high build primer to get rid of the scratches or imperfections.

opened it up, just sprayed it with flat black rustoleum......

Assembly01.jpg

Assembly09.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom