Antec 900- disable LEDs in the fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaanish

Fully Optimized
So, I am planning to use this case (Antec 900) in my upcoming build. My problem is that I really hate LED fans, but this case comes with three already installed. I would hate to have to throw out all the fans and have to buy three totally new ones just because of this annoyance, so I was wondering if there is a way of disabling the LEDs without actually cutting the power to the fans totally, and stopping the airflow of the case?

If there isn't a 'civilized' method, will just putting a nail through the LEDs themselves work to disable them?

Thanks.

The thing is, I dont know if they are. Do you know what is inside an LED, and if putting a needle/nail through it will actually break it or not? Or will it leak or something?

No. An LED has a hard plastic case. They can be used even when abused. There are two leads that can be snipped. Snipping those leads is your best bet.

im gettin the same case but i like the LEDs. i guess its personal preference but if you really dont want them look for a switch to turn them off b4 u start cutting away.

There is no switch for the led's they just get power straight from the fan. I'm probably going to cut my led's too as it turns my apt into a freaking dance club when im trying to sleep.

Thanks guys that has pretty much sealed the deal on me getting this case.

I have also heard about people doing mods in order to help wire managment. What sort of mods would these be? Are they easy to perform?

Thanks guys that has pretty much sealed the deal on me getting this case.

I have also heard about people doing mods in order to help wire managment. What sort of mods would these be? Are they easy to perform?

As long as you know how to use a dremel without sawing off a finger you'll be fine. Get a dremel, some cutting wheels and probably some rubber tubing. Its just a matter of cutting holes in the motherboard tray to run wires behind the board. Rubber tubing goes over the metal spots you cut so as to not cut cables and short stuff out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom