antec 900 case fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonkeyBusiness

Baseband Member
Hi.
Anyone has any idea what is the default case fan for the antec 900 case looks like? Is a molex(male) or molex(female) fan connector?

I have seen others on web using third party fan controllers for their antec 900 case fans.
Would it be possible for me to do the same if I were to purchase a 3pin(female) to molex(male/female) converter?

Would the default fan speed settings antec tricool 3 speed built in fan controller be ideal for a third party 5.25" fan controller?
Or would I need to set all 4 fans to high in order for the third party fan controller to work within a wider range? Or rather how should the antec tricool 3 speed case fan be set when connected to an external 5.25" fan controller?

Lastly, am I right to assume most fan controllers have a 3pin(male) end connector rather than a 3pin(female) end?

Thanks all antec fans.

The fans that come in the 900 are antec tri speed fans. If you turn them all to low they are pretty quiet. At high they are loud as heck.

I have all mine on low and it is pretty quite. Cools really well for being on the low setting. Veedubfreak is right though when there on high there pretty darn loud.

Do both of you use a fan controller?
If I were to connect the tricool case fan to a fan controller, do I need to set them to high in order for the fan controller to control them properly or just leave them by the default speed?

If I were you, I'd set them to high while they are connected to the fan controller, then you will be able to turn them down lower if you think it is too loud. If you set them on low with the fan controller, then you will never get them to go higher than the low setting because that would be holding you back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom