Antec 900

Status
Not open for further replies.

veedubfreak

Golden Master
Picked up an Antec 900 today from compusa. 109 after isntant rebate and also has a 30 dollar rebate. Decent case, kinda loud with all the fans set at full speed, but still quieter than the fan i have blowing at my chair to keep me cool. Pretty easy to install everything, but the PS i have has pretty short cables so my wire managment is kinda crappy. But, the case did bring my temps down around 10 degrees across the board. I'm planning on cutting up one of my 120mm fans to fit the side panel. Right now the top corner of the fan hits my TR ultra extreme.

I've got all my fans on high except for the rear exhaust which I thought was a bit louder that the others. Good news is you can replace a 120mm to a lower decibal fan. Is the side fan worht it? Have you noticed any further temp decreases mgcook?

The side fan should bring down video card temps a few degrees as its pretty much perfectly positioned to blow ambient air right over the card. I put in a fan at the middle bay thats blowing right over the card.

what specs do you have your card at right now then? I have the same one and it's 675/975 at 71 degrees. It's rated up to 85 so I'm confortable. I've been scanning for artifacts now with ATI Tool for 2 hours - no problems. Is this fine for testing a stable overclock on the vid card?

To keep it on subject... Did you do any modding?

im running it at 650/900 right now. This case dropped it a solid 10 degrees. and yes, i do plan on modding it. I'm going to have to pick up a different psu i think though, the cables on this thing are way short. Also i need to find a psu that has the fan on top.

yeah with ALL fans on high it is abit loud for me but even with all fans on low it still bought my temps down alot from my old case, and its really quiet with fans on low.
Ive got a 120mm fan on the side window and yes it does help my graphics card temps a little, not as much as you'd think but every little helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom