Antec 300 case project

Status
Not open for further replies.
ICE BLUE!!

You really and genuniely have a skill with this case modding :)

Do you get your acrylic, steel and aluminum CNC work done at the same shop? Not many shops around here handling acrylic that I've run into, just doesn't seem to be the same level of demand.

Should have seen the place I was in today...crazy, 50 foot horizontal and vertical CNC laithes and milling machines for aircraft turbine engines. I could drive my van through the workpieces :p Mind blowing to see these things operating.

Do you get your acrylic, steel and aluminum CNC work done at the same shop? Not many shops around here handling acrylic that I've run into, just doesn't seem to be the same level of demand.

Should have seen the place I was in today...crazy, 50 foot horizontal and vertical CNC laithes and milling machines for aircraft turbine engines. I could drive my van through the workpieces :p Mind blowing to see these things operating.

WOW! I'd love to have seen that! I have contracted a fulltime machinist, the mill is in his garage, he works from his home. He has a 5 axis HAAS cnc mill and HAAS cnc lathe.

If you ever need something machined, post your job on Craigslist! under "services", "skilled trade" this is how I found my machinist. Theres skilled independents looking for work all of the time.

I'm making a notch in the access panel lip to accomondate this 120mm machined aluminum Turbo fan grill First measure out where to cut notch in left access panel, so it clears the panel lip
Antec_300_threehundred_casemod9z1.jpg

Antec_300_threehundred_casemod9z2.jpg

Using dremel with re-inforced cutting wheel to cut the notch
Antec_300_threehundred_casemod9z3.jpg

Cleaning the cut with hand file
Antec_300_threehundred_casemod9z4.jpg

Antec_300_threehundred_casemod9z5.jpg

WOW! I'd love to have seen that! I have contracted a fulltime machinist, the mill is in his garage, he works from his home. He has a 5 axis HAAS cnc mill and HAAS cnc lathe.

If you ever need something machined, post your job on Craigslist! under "services", "skilled trade" this is how I found my machinist. Theres skilled independents looking for work all of the time.

Thanks, great tip. The local shops I've run into just gouge on one off projects. I figured it couldn't be in your shop, that thing was too spic and span for having a mill an lathe in there.

Build looks awesome....as usual.

Thanks, great tip. The local shops I've run into just gouge on one off projects. I figured it couldn't be in your shop, that thing was too spic and span for having a mill an lathe in there.

Build looks awesome....as usual.

Yea, It's just a studio space.. altho, it gets it;s share of filth...lol

Chassis will be painted pearl white flake. Brad (mnpctech's painter) and I are going to sit down and go over his HoK color samples again for the case panels. Shipped the intake grill, and 2x 5.25 bays to a new plater today. This outfit was recommended to me by a good friend.

Yea, It's just a studio space.. altho, it gets it;s share of filth...lol

Chassis will be painted pearl white flake. Brad (mnpctech's painter) and I are going to sit down and go over his HoK color samples again for the case panels. Shipped the intake grill, and 2x 5.25 bays to a new plater today. This outfit was recommended to me by a good friend.

What kind of plating? I've been thinking of a black chrome finish on a case, have you even given it a go? Looks awesome from the samples I picked up from a local plating shop but every little fingerprints sticks out so much I'm just not sure. Just curious if you've worked with it before, no one locally has.

What kind of plating? I've been thinking of a black chrome finish on a case, have you even given it a go? Looks awesome from the samples I picked up from a local plating shop but every little fingerprints sticks out so much I'm just not sure. Just curious if you've worked with it before, no one locally has.

Chrome, it will look choice with the Blue paint :) one of the parts I sent is the faceplate for this Zalman MFC1 plus fan controller. Never did the Black Chrome.

It's 3/16" thick aluminum bezel and extruded heatsinks have made this controller my all time fav.

1_AMDzalman2.jpg

1_AMDzalman1.jpg

1_AMDzalman3.jpg

1_AMDzalman4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom