Antec 1200 Quad gpu folding rig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome! I've never seen 4 cards on one motherboard before (I knew people did it, but never actually seen a photo of it). Pretty crazy how close they are. Don't they get hotter since there is no open space for the fans to get cool air in?

Awesome! I've never seen 4 cards on one motherboard before (I knew people did it, but never actually seen a photo of it). Pretty crazy how close they are. Don't they get hotter since there is no open space for the fans to get cool air in?

Heat? Lol, what heat? The running temp isn't so bad since only the shaders count when folding, I OC them and that doesn't raise the temp. With all the fans pumping 747 type winds through this case they stay relatively cool...now as for the temps in my office due to this heater running 24/7, that's another story. I'm also folding on my 2 260s which I'm guessing I'll be shutting down soon during the core of summer, no AC means the basement is the only refuge and I've already gotten a number of complaints from my wife regarding the temp increase down there.

I actually build a window unit with some spare fans/psu/acrylic sheet and bug net to pump in/out air during the day :p helps a bit but not enough.

Good idea about the window thing, I always wondered if that would help any. See what it does in the winter ;). Beware of snow though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom