Ok, since the cutting is essentially done here is the sleeving plan Iím in mid process of. Essentially I want to re-sleeve each cable individually with black 1/8Ē sleeving:
0.125 (1/8") PET Cable Sleeving [PET1/8] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come
Iíve done some minor re-sleeving before but this is the first major job of an entire psu, here is the plan:
- Re-sleeve the 4 6pin pcie connectors
- Re-sleeve the 4pin mobo power supply
- Re-sleeve the 24 pin mobo supply
- Re-sleeve the 4pin molex motherboard power supply
- Re-wire a 6 pin pcie adapter from the 8pin mobo supply to a longer length that will fit behind the mobo.
- Re-wire the 3rd 4pin standard molex to supply the fan terminal block
- Remove excess housings on the SATA and standard Molex cables
- Re-sleeve/wire the SATA power cables to length for the DVD drive and HDD, leave a little slack for a potential second drive device and HDD.
Some is done, but a lot still to goÖhavenít touched the 24 pin yet which is my scary one :P Should be fun, just wish it wasnít a $100+ psu I was doing this on for the first time.
Anyways, screw up off of the day:
Wasnít planning on opening up the top fan but had no choice
careful with your screws! One small slip can turn into a big headache.