Antec 1200 Quad gpu folding rig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, bit of a delay here, the family dropped in so I'm hosting. Was able to get a few shots in...pre dremel stuff.

Stock:

Picture152.jpg

Picture141.jpg

You can see the issue....a few too many wires:

Picture145.jpg

Picture167.jpg

Picture170.jpg

Next step: Replace the fans and then start cutting to minimize the air flow blockage.

Lol, good, I'll tell my wife you're to blame....maybe she'll take it out on you instead of me then :p

ha...my 8800GT akimbos are still kicking hard and giving me 8000ppd combined at the least.

Not bad for last last gen gpu's.

Im having heat/power issues as well, if i had all my clients on i would be racking up 28,000 points a day.

Lol, too many people calling me jfenwick, should have thought of that before using as my tag. Go with josh or j or something :p

Not touch the case? Blasphemy! lol, "not touching the case" goes against everything I believe in :D There won't be any visible changes to it this year. I'm going to cut up the mobo tray for better wire management, same with the hdd casings, eventually i'll pull them out altogether but not this year. I'll replace and rewire the fans to a terminal block clean it up a bit but for now I just want the thing to have nice air flow and good clean wire management. Next year the serious changes will happen, paint and whatnot....but no time this summer.

Might be able to get the fans replaced today...tomorrow at the latest.

As for the 8800gt's, yeah, that was my original plan to go with 4 of them but then found out that the 8800gts works with the 9800gtx and that my brother in law would give me his for dirt cheap so I essentially already had two slots filled and just needed two more. Agreed to buy Poizen22s off him a couple of months ago, got one but am still waiting for the second.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom