Another...no power

Status
Not open for further replies.

rushman

Baseband Member
OK, here's the situation. I'm installing a used Compaq MB(PIII 733Mhz) into a friends old Toshiba PC. The power supply is a 200W 20 pin and the MB is a 24 pin. No problem, I get the 20 pin to 24 pin connector, connect the power switch wire to the MB, power to the floppy and HD. Hit the switch...no light, no fan, no beep, no nothing. I took apart the Power supply and checked the fuse, it's OK. Does anyone have a suggestion for me? Please help. Thanks

Perhaps you have the power switch jumper to the motherboard on the wrong pins or the positive and negative not matched up correctly, although honestly in some systems that doesn't matter, but it's something worth checking.

Hmmm...you try to look for the simplistic things like the switch in the back being to the ON position. Not insulting your intelligence by suggesting that, trust me, even I've done some really noob stuff where a simple cable not being plugged in made the PC not booting an issue.

Besides the PSU being completely defective, if everything is plugged in correctly I don't know what would be wrong unless the motherboard itself is just completely fried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom