amds....

Status
Not open for further replies.
i would go with fx but it more mony that i dont have...i only have $1500 and hoping that with my student discount i would be able to get stuff cheaper.....and the setup that Alex81388 provided was some what around that range..so i think im just going to go with that and upgrade later if i need 2.
i still need a hard drive and a sound card ...so if you able to recommend some good cheap ones that would be cool....?

Yes, the FX is a big price boost in price, and he is already reaching the limit.

Aboutt the 2 gigs of ram....

Maybe you should consider buying ONE stick of 1gig, and buying another (exactly the same) when you get the cash if you are worried about it. Although you should buy it in pairs, im just making suggestions.

And the sound card. I would also wait until you get a litter more cash and buy this later. All the 64 bit boards have at least 5.1 sound, and most have 6.1, some with 7.1, and it is not bad at all. A sound card isn't neccessary immediatly, I would just hold off on that. But the ram is an issue I agree.

I could see how some people recoomend 2gigs. But he just doesn't have the cash, and he shouldn't downgrade his CPU to afford more ram. Is there anyway you could caugh for 2 gigs if you needs to? It isn't often I recommend 2 gigs, but it sounds like you may beniefit from more than 1.

REMEMBER, this is why I chose a MOBO with 4 dimm slots, you can always add 2 more 512 sticks and make it dual channel still with 2 gig.

Either way good luck.

All the 64's have unlocked multis sort of. The FX series can go up or down, the rest of them can only go down so if you're looking to boost your computer speed by raising the CPU HTT beyond 200 then lowering the multi is all you'd need, but if you were looking to simply OC the CPU easily then yeah an FX would make it easier due to the multiplier being able to go up or down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom