Amd64 Overclock Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zipp080

Baseband Member
I have a question about what exactly does CPU voltage do? I went into the BIOS and changed my settings to 220 (200 is default), which was an overclock of 200mhz. My question is though, what should I have the cpu votlage at or am I suppost to change this at all? Theres only 2 settings. The default setting is at 1.5v, but then theirs another option for +.2v which I put it on when I just overclocked. Is this bad? And what exactly does it do? I read on ANANDTECH.com that when they overclocked the amd64 3000 that they overclocked to 200mhz as well, but they put the cpu voltage at 1.6v, but theres no option for that. Only 1.5 or +.2v which I assume is 1.7.

I am using the k8V asus board. And there were only 2 options, 1.5v or +.2v. I went ahead and put both back at default because when running 3dmark03, my computer randomly restarted. I'm not really sure if it was overheating or what, but at default idling I was staying at 34C. So I dunno why it would overheat so much when overclocked only 200mhz to cause it to reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom