Amd Xp2500+ Overheat Prob!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJackel

Beta member
hey guys,

I need some help. I have an AMD XP 2500+ Barton CPU running ar 333FSB I made a custom cooling mod out of a coolermaster $10.00 heatsinch/fan combo. Used longer screws then I should have ti tighten down the heatplate that sits on the cpu. As far as I know they didnt hit the cpu. But I did forget to add some thermal compund between the heatplate and the heatsinch. It overheated-and shut down. I then proceeded to use the correct screws and add the thermal compund. I was using Artic Silver 3 the cpu temp ranmges anywhere from 118.4F-131F put the heat rises from 118.4F-131F very quickly. I changed and used a silicone compund and a thermal take volcano heatsinck and a 80MM fan thats 39 CFM and 3k RPM on the heatsink. It still runs at the same temp I do have the 4-pin and 20-pin connectors on the board. I am running a 400W Radimax powersply **(dont know if its true). I have a audigy soundcard dlink NIC, 40GB HD, DVDROM drive, IDE DOntrollercard(PCI), CDRW, And an ATN35 Shuttleboard (Nforce Chipset)**(blue)**. I dont know what the problem is, this all started when the mod was put on. Did I damage the CPU, or the PSU? Thank-You To antone who helps me out, or at least reads and attemps to.

-Louis
(Thnx)

how did you apply the thermal goo? a very small dab (then spread thin across the core)of arctic silver will do the job...putting too much will just reduce heat transfer. anyway,..how bout your fan rpms..how are they running?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom